Subject: Items arising from Quality Review - version freezing

Following the past 2 weeks where the QR team has started to review
technical specifications a few 'points of order' have arisen that we
believe need to be brought to the attention of the Executive (as our
reporting body).

The first of these relates to 'version freezing'.

Concern was raised during the QR Team's review of the TRP Team's Message
Service Specification that modifications were being made (albeit in this
case minor editorial and cosmetic changes) whilst the document was under
review.  This is not good practice  and could potentially lead to a
situation where a different document is sent to public review from that
submitted and commented on by the QR Team.

I am asking, on behalf of the QR Team, that the Executive  make the Team
Leaders and Editors aware of this issue and suggest such practice not be
acceptable in future.

PS.
we would like you to know it is not the intention of the QR Team to
abuse this line of communication with the Executive - it is simply that,
in these early days, we need some boundaries to be set.

--
regards
tim mcgrath
TEDIS   fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142

begin:vcard
n:McGrath;Tim
tel;pager:+61(0)299633829
tel;cell:+61 (0)438352228