Subject: Re: formal submission of the security document to QR

we have been asked to review the Technical Risk Assessment guidelines document
produced by the Security sub-group of the TA team.

this document is a risk assessment of the ebXML framework and as such identifies
the areas were security considerations need to be  addressed in the ebXML
technical specifications.  it is not a technical specification itself and should
not require a plenary vote.

from the perspective of improving the quality of all the ebXML technical
specifications, we are keen to get this document out to the ebXML community as
early as possible.

so may we suggest the following review process:
* we consider the discussion last week was a preliminary review
* we recommend release to public for comment (and use with other specs!).
(NB this would mean they can consider the comments we made and our editiorial
comments, as part of this public review).
* they will then need to resubmit the new document (with a change log and
disposition statement) on or before 19th March.  (this will allow any
modifications to be incorporated into the second round of reviews for the other
specifications).

can the executuive please respond within 24 hours if you have any concerns with
this suggestion.

PS
Klaus, can you have maryann added to the Steering Committee list?

--
regards
tim mcgrath
TEDIS   fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142

begin:vcard
n:McGrath;Tim
tel;pager:+61(0)299633829
tel;cell:+61 (0)438352228