Subject: [Fwd: Re: Is BP Specification Schema mandatory?]

from chris ferris.

we can discuss this on friday

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Is BP Specification Schema mandatory?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:23:13 -0400
From: christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>
To: tmcgrath@tedis.com.au
CC: ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org

Tim,

Please forward to ebxml-coord as I'm not subscribed.

There is no restriction per se. A ProcessSpecification can point to
anything at all. It can even "point to" nothing at all as would
be the case where a URI/URN is used to identify an abstraction
that two or more Parties understand through some means other
than via a UML, XML or other document.

Our specification has only dealt explicitly with the use
case in which the document referenced by the xlink:href attribute
of the ProcessSpecification element is an ebXML BPSS instance
document that describes a specific business process.

Are you asking us to explicitly state/specify how the CPP/CPA
might be used with a busines process specification that is NOT
conformant
with the BPSS?

Would the following be more acceptable:

line 554
"The ProcessSpecification element provides the reference to a process
specification
that defines the interactions between the two Parties.  It is
RECOMMENDED that this reference be a document that is prepared in accord
with the ebXML
Business Process Specification Schema specification[BPMSPEC]. However,
it MAY reference
anything that the two Parties mutually recognize and understand. This
specification only concerns itself with a formal description of the
use case that the document referenced is prepared in accord with the
ebXML Business Process Specification Schema specification[BPMSPEC]."

Cheers,

Chris