Subject: [Fwd: Re: Is BP Specification Schema mandatory?]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Is BP Specification Schema mandatory?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:02:52 -0400
From: Martin W Sachs <mwsachs@us.ibm.com>
To: tmcgrath@tedis.com.au
CC: ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org, 'ebXML Coordination'
<ebxml-coord@lists.ebxml.org>

Tim,

Please see the response to your BP comment on this issue that I just
posted
to the TP and BP lists.

Please repost this and my prior posting to "ebXML Coordination" if
appropriate.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@tedis.com.au> on 04/18/2001 10:08:54 PM

Please respond to tmcgrath@tedis.com.au

To:   ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org
cc:   "'ebXML Coordination'" <ebxml-coord@lists.ebxml.org>
Subject:  Is BP Specification Schema mandatory?

an issue has arisen in the Quality Reveiw of the Business Porcess
Specification Schema.
Their document states:

"The CPA/CPP Specification requires that parties agree upon a
Collaboration
Protocol
Agreement (CPA) in order to transact business. A CPA associates itself
with
a specific
Binary Collaboration. Thus, all Business Transactions performed between
two
parties must
be referenced through Business Transaction Activities contained within a
Binary
Collaboration. " (Business Process Specification Schema v0.99, lines
734-739)

we queried this condition with the BP team and now accept that this is
in
line with the
current CPP/CPA spec, that states:

line 496 "The CollaborationRole element SHALL consist of the following
child elements: a
REQUIRED ProcessSpecification element, ..."

and subsequently...

line 554 "The ProcessSpecification element provides the link to the
Process-Specification
document that defines the interactions between the two Parties.  This
document is
prepared in accord with the ebXML Business Process Specification Schema
specification[BPMSPEC]."

our concern is that this would prevent organisations not using business
process models
(in ebXML BPSS form) from using ebXML CPAs.  we cannot see why this
restriction is
necessary.

can you clarify the intention?

--