Subject: Re: Units of Measure

Arofan
> The normal stylesheeting mechanism for XML is XSL, which has a hard time
> doing the kind of substitutions on code lists that are easy using other
> presentation technologies.

I am surprised at your making this obviously false statement. Code list substitution, using an externally maintained mulitlingual code list definitions, is relatively easy in XSLT thanks to its ability to take in data from many files. If you want to know how to do it simply look at the work we did on the European XML/EDI Pilot Project (http://www.tieke.fi/isis-xmledi).

Martin Bryan