Subject: Re: Units of Measure

> Dumb question of the day:  Have we defined the "human" in "human-readable"?
> Who is going to read raw XML?  What category of human

I know programmers are not human, but the goal is to make the names such that when the appear in a programme they provide some sort of clue to what they mean. For example, an XML Path statement of Order/Buyer/Address/Street is more easily maintainable than one that read NBMHG/HTYRQW/LKFGCX or even X12.850/BY/NAD/F123. The main cost of any system is the maintenance cost - not the purchase cost. Our goal is to reduce the maintenance cost as far as possible.

Martin Bryan