Subject: RE: Core Components aggregate Analysis

Bob,
I don't know if this will help but there's been a bit of a shortcoming in
the trad EDI world, when it comes to product 'classification &
identification', that I hope will be a bit better in the ebXML world.
Specifically there's been a good degree of attention in the past to physical
product/service descriptions/attributes, and not enuf descriptive latitude
(which may be more of a code list-s- issue) towards allowing for the 'market
aspects' of a product.

For example, for years in the container transport world there's been
discussions on the concept of container type/size codes which have largely
been literally about the combination of container type, -ex. open top or
high cube or ..-, and container size -40' or 20' or ..-.
All the type/size codes are workable to a degree but in the operational
dispatching & planning of containers, the shipping lines tended to also have
to include the important marketing aspects of a container; ex. never send a
container which is used to regularly carry onions to a big customer carry
new clothes on a 6 week journey !!

I'm sure there's examples of this in other industries, and it sounds like
EconomicResource***** concepts are more flexible ?
Thanks
Dave Welsh