Subject: RE: Core Components aggregate Analysis

Harmut,
I honestly hadn't looked at PRODAT as a full message, as I am came from the
EDIFACT transport end of the community.
As far back as the early 90's in transport, when we were working on BAPLIE
and other SMDG messages, where there is a very  strong focus to marry
products and services in a message(ex. a container used to transport
industrial products), there was problems (nothing major though) with some of
the larger users (I was one of them) with getting comprehensive
classifications in our area within our normal transport messages; ex.
BAPLIE, MOVINS, CUSCAR ...

Coming from MD1 and for commercial products and specifically PRODAT itself
as a full EDIFACT message, I can honestly believe you that PRODAT has
addressed such concerns for products for manufacturing.

Thanks for the enlightening note, and all the very best.
Dave Welsh