Subject: Re: English Language Tags

Title: Re: English Language Tags
> From: "William J. Kammerer" <wkammerer@foresightcorp.com>
> I see no advantage these unintelligent identifiers have over a natural language vocabulary used to build semantic components (read: BSR).

William:

There are several UID advantages for building semantic components (elements). A semantic component identified by a natural language mark-up tag is assumed to be immutable. This fundamental characteristic is critical to third-party components that need to maintain reference to the semantic component source. You state that mark-up is for programmers who invent these tag expressions. As a domain is better understood over time, the original programmer (and even the domain expert) may realize that there is a more optimal natural language descriptor for a semantic component. The problem is that a natural language mark-up tag cannot be modified once the semantic component is made public. If on the other hand, if the semantic component had a base identity expression grounded in an immutable UID, then its owner could update the natural language expression without effecting third-party references. This dual expression approach also has the advantage of allowing foreign language and foreign dialect extensions. A foreign dialect is a synonym used to characterize for party peculiarities or special circumstances. This dual expression approach could also apply to attribute components as well.

Sandy Klausner
CoreTalk Corporation