Subject: Re: More on throwing some context on them codes....

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, William J. Kammerer wrote:

> Andrzej Bialecki wrote on Fri, 16 Mar 2001, that I "might want to submit
> the resulting dictionary [of core horizontal vocabulary items derived
> from the X12 codes] to BSR (http://www.ubsr.org), so that other
> e-commerce initiatives can benefit from it..."

Did I write this? Hmm...

> I have been informed by the very highest levels of ISO TC 154 that the
> ISO BSR is all but dead. Therefore, no heed should be paid to it.

I think this information - if it's not a red herring - should be made
known to various groups (including the folks at ubsr.org :) that they
shouldn't follow this trail. As it is right now, there are many
initiatives and written proposals that seriously consider BSR to become
THE catalogue of semantic elements for e-commerce.

Andrzej

// Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>, Chief System Architect
// WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// <abial@freebsd.org> FreeBSD developer (http://www.freebsd.org)