Subject: RE: Jon Bosak's suggestion that xCBL be adopted as theebXMLBusinessDocument framework

William,

It would be nice to understand the context of this slide.  Is the whole presentation available???

As part of this, would there be an evaluation / expansion of xCBL with regard to EDIFACT / X12 so that the resulting standards would be usable for complex enterprise integration and not just for common item procurement?

Any organization governing content will need the breadth of participation of you see in X12 / EDIFACT to be usable for complex business process alignment.

Thanks,
John
-----Original Message-----
From: William J. Kammerer [mailto:wkammerer@foresightcorp.com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 7:54 AM
To: 'ebXML Core'

Jon Bosak never claimed to be speaking for OASIS, but just to make sure
that I wasn't imagining all this, I got the slides from Bosak's EWG
presentation.  Attached is the one relevant slide where he made the
comment re: xCBL.  He says "Commerce One and SAP donate their Common
Business Library core elements, [and then] We align the core elements
with the ebXML/X12/EWG CC definitions."

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.