Subject: Re: Jon Bosak's suggestion that xCBL be adopted as theebXMLBusinessDocument framework

John Yunker asked for the entire Bosak presentation, which is attached.
I don't disagree with John re: xCBL just being suitable for procurement.
But remember that xCBL already has code values in its elements for
everything from Highway Safety to Campaign Finance Reform!!  See "More
on throwing some context on them codes....," at
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-core/200103/msg00130.html. It
should be simple to build up the business documents (oops - "Logical
Families") from there...

Actually, if we're really stuck for time, why not componentize the
UN/EDIFACT segments, composites and elements - maybe starting with the
TDED as a basic entity dictionary?  I don't mean a silly XML wrapper
structure, like XEDI, RNIF 1.0, or DIN 16557 (which, by the way, is
headed to become an ISO standard!!!) - instead, these EDIFACT components
should be modeled rigorously, and then we can press a button, and
presto! - we'll have core components for everything!

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.
Dublin, OH USA 43017-3305