Subject: RE: QRT's comments, DIN 16557-5, xCBL and EDIFACT

Title: RE: QRT's comments, DIN 16557-5, xCBL and EDIFACT

Martin,

        You wrote -
> One of the original requirements was that you should be able
> to take the
> components of an existing EDI message and write an ebXML
> equivalent whose
> contents could then be transformed back to the original EDI
> format as an
> EDI-conformant instantiation of the ebXML message. This
> presumed that there
> would be some sort of record in the registry of which EDI segment/data
> element each CC message component was derived from. It is
> also presumed that
> for a given existing EDI message there will be an ebXML
> equivalent. This
> concept seems to have gone by the board in recent months.

Sorry, as the editor of the Requirements document I don't recall every writing this.  In fact, this requirement was specifically avoided in the document.  Further, it was publicly stated in the Orlando Plenary that we would not be developing this sort of service.  I draw your attention to the note at the end of section 2.5.4.2. of the Requirements document.

Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - XML Lead
E-business Strategies
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7518
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org