Subject: RE: Representation Types Alternatives

Mike

In answer to your question, no i am referring to representation type

We can add to them, change them, delete them - but at the moment, when
reading QA report, you will find that there are issues like 'what the hell
do i do with them and how do i really make them'.  I can tell you that i for
one, and im not alone, really admire the effort in CC but equally have not
got a clue how i can employ this valuable work.  We can have 5 or 50 of
them, i really dont care, but if they are never used it really doesnt
matter - it will be just another standards document which sits on the shelf
somewhere

Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Rawlins [mailto:rawlins@metronet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 17:34
To: 'ebXML-core'

If you're referring to the discussion about paying for standards, I agree
that
is a minor discussion.  If you're referring to representation types, I think
this is a fundamental issue that needs to be resolved in whatever is
approved
for Vienna.

Mike

Stuart Campbell wrote:

> I have to say that although an interesting an important area, there are a
> lot more things which are important to resolve in core-components
> deliverables right now.  We're drilling into detail here with out hitting
> the basics like 'how do i use core components'
>
> I think it would  be astute to store up these comments and put more focus
on
> get the CC spec perfect and then have long discussion on these detailed
> subjects
>
> Just a  thought
>
> [personal, not a qa comment btw]
>
> Regards
>
> STUART
> Technical Strategy Director, Technical Strategy Team
> Business Development Unit

> Stuart Campbell
> TIE Holding NV
> UK          T:+44 1270 254019   F:+44 7971 121013
> Netherlands  T:+31 20 658 9335   F:+31 20 658 9901
> Global       M:+44 7970 429251   E:stuart.campbell@TIEGlobal.com
>                  W:www.TIEglobal.com P:www.stuartcampbell.co.uk

Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/