Subject: Re: AW: ISO 8601 anyone?? And more on Parties.

I feel obliged to clarify something: I did not say that ISO 8601
was not being endorsed by W3C -- all I said is that it is part of the XML Schema
specification, not of the XML specification, in an attempt at trying to
avoid metonymy when dealing with standards or standards-related activities.

As to the issue of the date format itself, I have to confess that most of
this discussion is leaving me puzzled by the assertions that there must be just
one format and that it's essential to get the right one at all costs.
I'm sure I'm missing something (and I'm sure a hundred voices will
rise now trying to educate me), but to my humble way of thinking XML's strength
is that transforming from one format to another is a piece of cake, particularly
if you avoid non-separated strings (e.g. 20010417) in favor of marked up entries,
in whatever order. Hm, I think I'm pushing for mark up, what a surprise.

OK - I'm now ready for the flames ;-)