Subject: Re: Dotted-name Tags (was RE: Long Tags Codes etc. again)

John "DD" McClure says "Mark Crawford's beliefs seem rooted in an XML
Schema and DTD world, one that I hope fervently is left behind by the
RDF Schema world coming upon us."

I can kind of see how structure is enforced by RDF Schema - but how
would we enforce data typing without an XML schema? - are we back to the
bad old days of DTDs where every piece of terminal data is a CDATA or
NMTOKEN?

Of course, this is a "mere" implementation question, because we can
actually implement ebXML Core Components any number of ways once we have
a rich set of them devised - and discovery techniques in place for
churning out more.

Unfortunately, after 18 months of lip-flapping, the ebXML catalog seems
woefully scrawny.  It would have been nice to have a number of core
components that we could throw at John for modeling in his architecture.
That would be one way he could convince us of the merits of DCN and RDF.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.
Dublin, OH USA 43017-3305