Subject: RE: Tags and semantics ( was Dotted Names)

Philip Goatly:
>   You are right the emphasis is too much on technology, and not on
>business.

I agree.

>  The fact that some members are calling a message exchange a 'business
>transaction' says it all.

Actually, it doesn't say it all.  I agree that the name could mislead,
but the concept is very important from a business rather than
technical viewpoint.

It is not just message exchange, but message exchanges within
a protocol to give a reasonable assurance of legally-binding agreement
on contract formation and other legal and accounting events (confirmed
receipts and payments, etc.)

-Bob Haugen