Subject: Re: AW: ISO 8601 anyone?? And more on Parties.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but what does this discussion have to do
with "syntax neutral" core components?  I don't see any relevance other than to
settle whether or not the dates/times referenced as Core Components always need
to be in a specific format.  The ebXML Requirements Spec doesn't mandate ISO
8601 specifically, but it does implicitly by mandating the use of appropriate,
existing international standards.

Whether dates are presented as elements or attributes in an instance document,
and whether or not they also have presentation formats, seem to me to be
implementation issues that might be relevant for other efforts (EWG, X12, OAG,
etc.), but not for ebXML.