Subject: RE: Just what is a Core Component? Or, when is stealing wrong?

1.  There are two chairs of Core Components, so I'm not sure if
    William is commenting that I have provided the 'spectacle' or
    Lisa has.  Perhaps both of us, on occasion.  If it is moi,
    I will tell you that I do not think that either of us
    should comment publicly on the xCBL issue.

2.  EDIFACT is a good format, and has much to offer.  However,
    like X12, is has some problems that we do not want to move
    into the new environment.  We are not just taking composites
    and simple data elements out of either traditional EDI format.
    We start with a model of the business process and work our way
    down to the lowest logical level of data requirements.  If
    those happen to mirror something already present in EDIFACT or
    X12, so be it.

3.  As for ignoring comments, I think that our Editor and the
    ebXML procedures have made it very clear how comments are to
    be submitted.  I view much of what I read on this list as
    a very interesting discussion, but not as submitted comments to CC.

William, are you as disgusted and angry as you appear to be?  Or are
you just trying to get people to respond?

Mary Kay