Subject: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - Core Components -Transactions!

Title: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - Core components..

The sentence "enable a global electronic marketplace where enterprises of any size and in any geographical location can meet and conduct business with each other through the exchange of XML based messages" is a strong statement that about using xml messages.

Maybe to my reading I'm picking up a more important message from the text. Yes, I agree with you there's a strong statement of XML will be used, but I would have thought an even stronger statement comes across that ebXML is about getting people around the world to meet and conduct business with each other. So the challenge for us all would seem to be about addressing how business get's done; ie. what's behind/beyond the events and activities that revolve around an actual XML message flow.
The move of traditional EDI from a document based focus to a Business Process modeling approach, seems to promise to be an interesting (and very challenging) activity to come.

The technical architecture document that is available is lacking on details as how to make the above statement a reality.

Well an architecture is usually a statement of form and/or function, while the mechanics can be found in more technical specifications plus other supporting documents. There's some truth to that w.r.t. ebXML, and there's a full set of publically available documents for everyone (including yourself) to review.

I am hoping that this mailing list will enable me to find out more about the core components so that we can achieve the above stated goal.

If there is any way that I may be able to help, I would be glad to offer my services.

Reviewing the ebXML documents out for public comment would be a great start.
It's good you voice an open opinion, and you can review the ebXML material today, which is a very positive strength of having an open ebXML development process; as opposed to some other closed technical developments.
Time will tell.

Best regards
Dave

Regards