Subject: RE: VOTE REQUESTED - Suggest vote NO to Section 7 of theTechnicalArchitecture Specification

David Lyon and all,

Integration with internal business systems has been another feature
that has been declared out-of-scope for ebXML from the beginning.

I agree with David that this is vitally important and like him wish it
had been in-scope, but ebXML had 18 months to get finished and
I understand why the scope decision was made.  There are a lot
of internal business systems out there, and a lot of ways to
approach integration.  There have been proposals and ideas
put forward on the ebXML lists.  Personally I like some and
hate others.  It would have been yet another circular argument,
and required yet another work group, probably composed of
already-overworked people from this and other groups.

I don't think it does any good to become indignant at this late date
about scope decisions made a year and a half ago.

-Bob Haugen