Subject: Re: What do people really expect from ebXML? - spinning mirrors?

David,

> But all is not lost, because at the heart of it they both understand the very
> problems that their proposed solutions bring.  And even moreso they offer
> wonderous words of advise that another direction is possible.
Who says all is lost ?

I'd say that there has been a lot of very good work done by the members, by and large.

I'll stand by my analogy of the car without wheels.

Whilst it may sound sensationally bad at first, it's not something that can't be fixed.

Wheels are easy to fix on at the last minute in a car factory, and likewise, so are some basic XML message/element definitions.

The only tragedy occurs when the factory management process is so rigid that it is unable to incorporate minor design changes as they are discovered on the factory floor.

> Guys.. let it go.. this idea to fix on the "basic" elements of "basic"
> transactions..cripples ebXML rather than strengthening it.   The necessary
> core is much simpler and at a higher level of abstraction.

On a designers CAD station, wheels don't look like such an important thing, especially when you're looking at it from a totally abstract perspective. "Think of all the weight that could be saved without the wheels" is what they'd say.

Anyhow, keep up all the good work.

I'd say ebXML should continue - stopping production just 'cos the wheels aren't on yet is no answer either.

David Lyon