Subject: RE: ebXML in the automotive industry

Last October AIAG issued a press release regarding the potential use of
ebXML:

"The AIAG recognizes the importance of the ebXML initiative. For
automotive, we believe it will enable smaller suppliers to participate in
global electronic business using XML (Extensible Markup Language). XML can
be much less expensive and complicated than using formal electronic data
interchange (EDI), said Kenneth Godzina, executive director for AIAG. AIAG
has and continues to support the ebXML project by taking on leadership roles
on almost every ebXML Work Group. "

The full press release is located at:
http://www.aiag.org/press/9115-00.html

NOTE: ebXML's Message Service, in addition to transporting XML payloads as
noted in the above quote, also supports X12, EDIFACT, binary images and just
about any other form of business document.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions