Subject: RE: Interpretation of service and action elements

On a historical note, discusion on the relationships you requested was
covered in the last Vienna meeting of ebXML. I agree, that more work and a
clearer statement of the relationships is required.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: David O'Riordan [mailto:dave@bindsys.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 5:20 AM
To: himagiri@sybase.com
Cc: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org

Hi Himagiri,

We interpret the Action element in an ebXML request or response message
to map to the name of the associated RequestingBusinessActivity or
RespondingBusinessActivity, and Service to map to the Service element
of  the ServiceBinding associated with the role supported by the
receiver  party in the CPA. This I believe aligns with the definitions
given in  the messaging (section 8.4.4) and CPP/CPA specs (section
7.5.7), as  well as the TRP minutes.

Granted the specs could be better aligned here. For example, the BPSS
spec includes a sample which has empty  RequestingBusinessActivity and
RespondingBusinessActivity names. This  would imply (on our
interpretation) empty action elements in the message  headers: not
helpful for routing. We assume real BPSSs will have  distinct activity
names here.

As for a nested collaboration, we see that the Service name for the
nested collaboration being the same as for the enclosing collaboration.
Having a different service name would require an extra entry in the CPA
for the nested collaboration, which seems unnecessary.

Cheers
David O'Riordan

Bind Systems
www.bindsys.com <http://www.bindsys.com>