Subject: sending XML to a server via HTTP

Feel free to suggest a better place to ask this.

I'm trying to test a server that accepts XML requests via HTTP and responds
with XML replies.  I'm curious, do folks out there do this with POST or PUT
methods if the purpose is eCommerce?  The reason I'm asking is I haven't
implemented PUT messages yet, and POST messages aren't handled gracefully
using w3c (the command line tool for sending/getting stuff from web servers
from www.w3.org).

What command line tool (if any) are you folks using to send messages to your
servers?

--
.tom