Subject: [ebxml-dev] Re: real life problem

Erico,

Thanks for the inquiry.  Inttek EDI / Web Based technologies have been in
use commercially for over a year and have received very positive acceptance
from our client base.  Compared to traditional solutions, we are highly cost
effective.

All applications are web based and can be installed at the clients location
or run as remotely as an ASP model.

Our EDI translation engine can be loaded with EDI protocol sets to support
whatever protocol is needed.  We currently have a protocols for warehouse
logistics.  Other protocol sets can be created for additional EDI protocols
as needed.

Our EDI translation engine receives the EDI transmition, parces it, and then
stores it in a database.  The data is then translated into whatever format
the client needs and is output.  The translation engine by default, outputs
data formated with PHP, but can have the syntax changed to XML, etc., as
needed.

We support a variety of Internet communication protocols for connection to
client legacy systems.  If needed we support connection to remote VANs where
third parties already have a solution in place and don't wish to modify
their system.

Going beyond EDI communication we provide end user Data Integration via our
Inventory / Supply Chain Management applications or via integration into
their legacy application.  We also have a novel method that allows direct
printing of barcodes and other complex forms from a Web interface.  This,
combined with wireless data collection, provides a well rounded solution for
clients.

Our technologies are based on:

PHP (an open source development language)
C (using GNU Compiler)
Bisson (the open source version of AT&T's YACC compiler language)
GNU Privacy Guard (open source encryption technology)

Typically installations run using Linux (OS), the Appache (web server), and
connect to a MySQL database.  Other OS and database appplications are
available if needed.

Our technologies have been developed using a novel engineering methodology
that greatly simplifies understanding and enhancing the application.  We
plan on publishing technical details of this process in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Steve McGough