Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] RE: ebXML deliveries

+1

Pae

<Marty>
As Farrukh points out, the ebXML Registry is a service that could be a web
service and is being defined as such.  Everything else in the existing
ebXML specifications can be viewed as in support of web services but none
is a service in its own right.  The ebXML Message Service is no more a web
service than is SOAP.  Both are infrastructure and both can be used by web
services to send and receive messages. The CPP is not a web service; it,
with BPSS, could be used to describe web services as an alternative to
WSDL.  Whether they fit into Web Services (note the capital letters here)
is another matter.  Similarly, the CPA is a record of an IT agreement, not
a web service.  Hopefully, it will some day influence the development of
agreements by Web Services.  Its future negotiation protocol could be a web
service. Core Components defines business document composition, but not a
document composition service, and the various BP specifications describe
how to define collaborative processes.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs