Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] RE: OASIS Members to Develop Universal BusinessLanguage

The OASIS ebXML Joint Committee was formed according to section 1(o),
"TC Coordination", of the OASIS TC Process
(http://oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml). As Carol pointed out,
it is different from a regular OASIS Technical Committee in that its
membership is composed of representatives from the TCs and its purpose
is coordinative rather than technical. It is strictly internal to OASIS
and has nothing to do with UN/CEFACT. More information about the JC is
available at http://oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-jc/

Our apologies for any confusion between this JC and the joint
CEFACT/OASIS ebXML management team, which, BTW, has recently started
meeting.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations