Subject: [ebxml-dev] fwd:[POLL] ebXML Reg./Rep. on Apache?

Greetings,

We have submitted the following proposal (see below) for a new sub-project at
Apache to complete a specification compliant implementation of the ebXMLRR based
on a project that was initiated at Sun.

The code base for this proposal was developed by a team that is primarily
working on the JavaTM API for XML Registries ('JAXR'). However, this project is
not part of JAXR in any way. It is not an API but an actual implementation (
which is on the order of 60-75% complete) of the specification. Note also that
this code base is different from the binaries available on the Sun web site.
Although we have shown this implementation we have not previously made it
available to the public. The code base does not have any requirements for an app
server nor an ldap server.

If you might have any interest in working on this project, then it would be most
helpful for you to send an email to the general@xml.apache.org alias (you may
have to sign up on the alias first if you are not already a participant).

With your support and help, I am confident that we could create a robust ebXMLRR
implementation community.

cheers

Peter