Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Announce - Latest Article on ebXML

I think it's wrong to assume business only happens after
relationships are established.  Rather, the evolution of vocabulary
and messaging has gotten far ahead of some other critical
elements in e-business, such as

- strongly secure client machines that cannot be hacked
easily (this will never come from the commercial OS vendor,
who needs to extract a revenue stream from upgrades)

- strong PKI or other infrastructure for keys for signing, and

- webs of trust, in which parties have independent means of
assuring themselves of the trustworthiness and reputation
of other parties by empirical means.

When those other areas develop a bit further we will see a
lot more business being done with "strangers"!

Todd