Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Announce - Latest Article on ebXML

Bob,

No one in the current Oasis CPPA TC or in the
old ebXML TP group makes the assumption that ebXML
business relationships would have to be established
spontaneously, nor is that assumption at all
needed for either CPPs or CPAs to be useful.

Also, looking at the article at the end
of the referenced URL, which is a tad
negative by the way, there is a comparison of
CPPs and CPAs with X12 838s. I think
that is also a serious misunderstanding
of why CPPs and CPAs might be valuable
in terms of ROI. The CPP and CPA stuff
can reduce the configuration
time involved in adding another
business collaboration participant,
and do it interoperably.
It would thereby reduce the labor costs associated
with adding new collaborations. That may
not be important to a business that
only collaborates with 1 other business.
But it might be important to businesses
with, for example, 50 or more collaborators
by reducing average
start up time from weeks to hours.

Dale Moberg