Subject: [Fwd: [ebxml-dev] ebXML CPA/CPP Estimate]

Posted on request of Tony Fletcher, who seems not to have posting access
to these lists at present.

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com

Dear Mike and others,

I think I basically have to agree with what you say below, but may I accept
your invitation and provide another thought to add on to the end of what you
have said below?

Like EDI it may well be that ebXML and its continuing development will be
applied first amongst the big boys.  Now as I understand it, many of the
smaller firms that did implement EDI had to because they were told to by a
'big boy' in order to trade with them.  So in the ebXML case the 'big boy'
will work out the CPA and the negotiation with the SME will be simple - use
this!  Dictatorial maybe, but actually makes it easy for the SME and
overcomes part of the problem you see.

So we need tools an experts for the 'big boys' to work out the
infrastructure and its configuration.  We then need applications that SMEs
use (such as QuickBooks, Great Plains and so forth) to be available in a
version that can accept a CPA and configure themselves accordingly.

If the additional cost of this facility is small relative to the cost of the
package anyway and it is 'the work of moments' to receive the CPA from a
large company and install it then I think this approach could take off.  If
it does then I think it would spread to all the relationships for those SMEs
and hence through the whole mesh of SMEs.

Another dream?

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Choreology Ltd., 13 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 76701784         Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com <mailto:tony.fletcher@choreology.com>