Subject: [ebxml-dev] ebTWG Business process analysis tools

On the good news front:

We received positive feedback from our colleagues at Boeing, where Dave
Welsh, John Yunker & I gave a presentation in Seattle last week on the
BCMCP project team work, and current and expected future deployment of
ebXML standards.  Many of you know Christina Portillo, Jim Werner and Tom
Warner from their contributions at the ebXML plenaries.  The discussion
focused on our current managed commitments modeling work -- the extension
of the ebXML 1.0 Business Process Analysis documents -- and how that
methodology, which we are building out in the ebTWG teams, might be useful
to Boeing's own existing business patterns analysis.  We also discussed
various other current standards efforts and the strong potential for
convergence towards interoperation.

Boeing shares the interests of our broad ebXML community:  transparent and
nonproprietary BP taxonomies, simple notation methodologies that can be
used on a "self-help" basis by in-house analysts, and strictly modular
implementation that permits multiple tool choices at multiple layers.

The relevant BP analysis tools are likely to continue to evolve
substantially in the next few months.  This is a generalized summary;  for
more detailed information, see postings on the team mailing list
<http://lists.ebtwg.org/archives/ebtwg-bcp>.

~ James Bryce Clark
~ VP and General Counsel, McLure-Moynihan Inc.
~ Chair, ABA Business Law Subcommittee on Electronic Commerce
~ 1 818 597 9475   jamie.clark@mmiec.com    jbc@lawyer.com
~ This message is neither legal advice nor a binding signature.  Ask me why.