Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] WS-I

This consortium is specifically about interoperability of different
implementations of the existing Web Services specifications.

Regardsm
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

Mike Rawlins <mike@rawlinsecconsulting.com> on 02/11/2002 04:11:04 PM

Please respond to mike@rawlinsecconsulting.com

To:    ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
cc:

Seems to me their focus is on adopting existing specifications rather than
developing them.  Other than that, they read very much like "yet another
Internet based technology consortium", as if we don't have enough of them
already...

Sharad Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently saw a news item on WS-I and then visited the site
> (http://www.ws-i.org) to notice that another new standard initiative for
> e-business interoperability has started.
>
> Can someone help me understand where does this imitative stand vis-à-vis
> ebXML or what different problems is it trying to address than the
problems
> ebXML tried to solve ? Or it is absolutely different thing and can not be
> compared with ebXML at all ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sharad

Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com