Subject: [ebxml-dev] Re: xmldsig-core-schema.xsd

Title: FW: ebxml message schema
It is unfortunate that the contents of

http://ebxml.org/project_teams/transport/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd

and

do not match. I believe that both represent snapshots downloaded from some W3C site at different times.

Now that XMLDSIG has become a W3C Recommendation, I don't think the ebxml-msg TC should keep some old snapshot of xmldsig-core-schema.xsd at the location

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd

I suppose the file

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd

is the official one that goes with the W3C Recommended version of XMLDSIG. I suggest that we modify msg-header-2_0.xsd to reference the above file. If we choose not to remove the file

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd

we should at least update it with the contents of

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd

Regards,
-Arvola
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 7:41 AM
Subject: [ebxml-dev] ebxml message schema

Hi
We have noticed that the xmldsig schema imported in the version 2 of the
message schema has a different location from the one used in the cpa/cpp
schema. This in itself is not a problem, however these schema’s definitions
are different yet both use the same namespace. This plays havoc with our
object mapping tool’s notion that same namespaces means similar schema defs.

<import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" schemaLocation="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd"/>

>From above location (snip)
<element name="SignatureValue" type="ds:SignatureValueType"/>
<complexType name="SignatureValueType">
    <simpleContent>
        <extension base="base64Binary">
            <attribute name="Id" type="ID" use="optional"/>
        </extension>
    </simpleContent>
</complexType>

 <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" schemaLocation="http://ebxml.org/project_teams/transport/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd"/>

>From above location (same snip) ?
<element name="SignatureValue" type="ds:CryptoBinary" />
<simpleType name="CryptoBinary">
    <restriction base="binary">
?       <encoding value="base64" />
? </restriction>
?</simpleType>

Would you please consider giving a different namespace to the later version.

Regards Ian & Leanne