Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] BPMI?

I have lost some of the latest developments on BPML, so what I
am going to say may be "technically" not completely up-to-date.
Nevertheless I hope that the "meaning" will not suffer.

1.	From a BSI perspective I may have explained myself in a
	wrong way; in my mind the BSI should enforce whichever
	semantic is described by a CPA; so, if the semantic is
	the one of collaborations built using transactions, this
	is what should be done.

2.	The BSI should, whenever possible, be directly derivable
	from the CPA.
	As far as I understand the problem, the only information
	required to make the BSI fully automated is the mapping
	of the "messages" to some internal action.
	Not always it is "possible" to map a message to the
	execution of some legacy in an automated fashion. But the
	BSI software could, in those case, function possibly as
	a mailbox.

3.	It is important, in order to have a BSI, to describe
	a protocol for accountability of the shared process.
	What I mean is that having the BSI on both sides, it
	will be important that each partner may be able to
	ask to the other about the status of what it is doing.

4.	I am not sure I understand the initial distinction JJ
	made about BPML going in the w/s direction and loosing
	the B2B bus.
	I may be certainly wrong, but I think that the BSI will
	be, in itself, a Web Service.
		- is accessable via SOAP (w/A)
		- is discoverable via UDDI (and RegRep)
		- is describable via the CPP/CPA...
		  and I think that it could "reflect" some WSDL

	What changes between the ebXML as we see today and the
	w/s as we see today, is the "process". In ebXML the BSI
	executes a shared process; this requirement is not yet
	formalized (maybe it will never be or it will...) for
	w/s.

	The work that JJ and Antoine did in BPML was to show
	how to "link" the BPSS with the BPML.

	JJ, could you pls better explain which is the hole
	you see?

5.	I like the separation JJ makes in BPSS between the
	protocol-related things and the process-related
	things.
	But, in my understanding, these two views are not
	separated and live well together. I think that the
	fact that BPSS specifies protocol-related things is
	not to be removed but, actualy, could help in
	better configuring the underlying system.

	What am I missing ?

Best regards

/stefano