Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML Message Polling Mechanism

When we started the first UCC sponsored ebXML-MS Interoperability test, v2.0 was
already significantly taking shape (although at the time it was called v1.1) so
we decided to conform to the new spec.  Consequently, we never ran any tests on
v1.0.

The main changes in ebXML-MS from v1.0 to v2.0:

	Via - Gone
	TraceHeaderList - Gone
	DeliveryReceipt - Gone
	MessageHeader/QualityOfServiceInfo - Gone
		deliverySemantics - Gone
		messageOrderSemantics - Gone
		deliveryReceiptRequested - Gone
	MessageOrder - New top level element containing the
			SequenceNumber child element
	MessageHeader - Added DuplicateElimination child element
			to replace deliverySemantics attribute
	SyncReply - Changed to top level element
	AckRequested - Changed from Attribute to top level element
			Added Actor (nextMSH or ToPartyMSH) attribute
	Acknowledgment - Added Actor (nextMSH or ToPartyMSH) attribute
			Added RefToMessageId element
	MessageHeader/PartyId - Added Role child element
	Use of a CPA is now REQUIRED

We also did some rather major reorganizing of the spec into Core Components and
Additional Features (which are all OPTIONAL).  As you can see, these changes
make v2.0 not backward compatible.

I don't claim this is a definitive list (I am not aware that anyone has made one
yet) but it covers the salient points.

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group