Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] about cpp/a negotiation

James Bryce Clark wrote:

> Duane, I think you first pointed out the issues with fully-automated
> CPA negotiation around fifteen months ago.  They are substantial, and
> I understand the CPPA-negotiation subteam is working on it.   But I
> couldn't tell from your company's slides whether you agree with the
> viability of the simpler "CPA template" approach or not.

Yes - they are sufficiently vague, aren't they  ;-)

I think that each Trading Partner must support at least one published
Business Service Interface that exists for the sole reason of accepting
CPA proposals.  Someone needs to be the first to make a message payload
that contains a proposed CPA AND a business payload that expresses that
the CPA is a proposal alpong with relevant information.

> I don't think all adopters will want to wait for fully automated
> spontaneous generation of CPAs -- like Athena springing forth
> fullgrown from Zeus' forehead -- or necessarily even to support the
> computing overhead.   I would like to keep recommending the 'template'
> approach as a plausible and simpler alternative for implementers who
> are ramping up, albeit one with less flexibility.  Any issue with
> that?  JBC

How can I take issue with a Lawyer ;-)  Okay - for the time being,
there is a simpel way to do it, but that way will still have to answer
the same questions that the automated way should use.

1.  What CPP's did you use to create the CPA?
2.  How much time do I have to accept or refuse this before it lapses?
3.  Can I counter propose a CPA and if so,  where and how do I send it?

etc. etc.

Duane
--
CTO, XML Global Technologies