Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core Components ...

At 01:10 PM 4/22/02, Rachel Foerster wrote:

>But what if they could buy a QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc. from their local
>office supply store that could out of the box enable them to send PO's to
>other small businesses, receive their invoices, etc. electronically.

Don't say "IF".  The adapters will be there YESTERDAY, if ebXML
writes a specification that allows a single vocabulary.

One problem is Context and Assembly.

Another problem is you would need to have a small taxonomy
of about 20 Journal types, and 20 Chart of Account types.
Easy stuff.  I have collected some drafts from SME's software.

The problem of CompanyID, ProductID, and PartyID and maintaining
the Product and Party lists, are already manageable with the
Core Component Identifier Type which supports a URI.

Then, you can put transactions in and out of those packages,
easily, cheaply with programmatic interfaces, or drag and drop,
or via email etc.    The transactions will be unposted entries,
and the USER has the responsibility to post.  The security
bugaboo is just a mirage.

I thought it was clear, there has been a willful rejection of allowing
SMEs to do business with standard horizontal vocabulary.  Well
that's over, now that UBL has published their draft Purchase Order,
which has most of the elements in it,

TOdd
Todd Boyle CPA  9745-128th Ave NE  Kirkland WA
International Accounting Services, LLC  www.gldialtone.com
425-827-3107  AR/AP everywhere  www.arapxml.net