Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core Components...

From: Fred Blommestein, van

>I also want it in a processable way AND in a viewable way.
>That's why XML was invented. I want the flexiblity at the
>receiver's side to set the level of integration without bothering
>the sender.
>ebXML IMO doesn't support that (yet).

Fred and all,

1. Why isn't that just a matter of the receiver's side
software?  It's too bad ebXML never got around to
specifying required software features, but there is
nothing to hinder that flexibility.
2. Actually there is an obscure feature of UMM
in the Business Service View called Agent and
Service.  Service is intended to be fully automated;
Agent is intended to provide a user interface into
transaction contents.  (I can't find it in BPSS.)

-Bob Haugen