Subject: Re: AW: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core Components ...

Mike,

I stand by my words.

"The fact is that nobody has (yet) released a reliable business messaging
product that is suitable for Small Business use. That is the main problem."

There are reliable messaging systems for big business, but not too many for
small business.

> I doubt we will ever have many ebxml accounting appliances.
> This will not happen because accounting is too complex for the
> PDA equivalents we will soon have. It will not happen because
> accounting will soon be too simple for them.

We are about to start selling an ebXML accounting appliance. It is being
released next month. It's a CDR business card that can send orders, receive
invoices and make credit card payments.

> End user accounting only got simple enough for non-accountants
> when Intuit began to revolutionize the way individuals and small
> businesses manage our finances. It involved masking most of the
> accounting technical details behind easily understood business
> forms and menus.

That's right.

> The more accounting is a business transaction byproduct, the more
> of us can use it. This can only happen if future PDAs are network
> appliances, calenders, credit cards, TVs, video recorder/players
> and business, medical and family interchange and history devices.

That's what we say.

> You think this impossible?

Not at all. I'm sure you can find some skeptics somewhere though.

> It is likely there will always be a need for accountants to verify
> accuracy and provide insight. However, even such functions may
> well be largely taken over by programs like those that let computers
> often better analyze ECG reports than the doctors who program
> them.

I totally agree. Approve payments and expense allowances also.

Some very good points. Take care.

David Lyon
Product Manager
Global TradeDesk Exchange