Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] resolving xpath expressions in bpss

You can't take some string content from an XML document and have the XSLT engine compile it dynamically. XPath expressions in XSLT
are compiled statically and there is no "eval()" function in XSLT that I know of.

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xsl-editors/2001JulSep/0059.html for discussion.

You could write a program that uses DOM and XPath APIs instead. Many programming languages support that.