Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] More on MSH 1.0 vs. 2.0 migration/interop...

Andrezj,

A CPA includes endpoint information for both parties, both at the transport
and at the doc-exchange (message service) level.  The endpoint information
for both parties includes the MSH version in use.  As long as one of the
two parties to the CPA supports both versions of the message service, they
should interoperate for both incoming and outgoing messages. If party B
supports both versions and party A supports only, for example, version
1.04, then the completed CPA will includes party A's only endpoint and
Party B's ver. 1.04 endpoint and message exchange will conform to ver. 1.04
in both directions.  The same technique is indeed being used for the
messages in both directions.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      Andrzej Jan
                      Taramina                 To:       ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
                      <andrzej@chaeron.        cc:
                      com>                     Subject:  RE: [ebxml-dev] More on MSH 1.0 vs. 2.0 migration/interop...

                      05/18/2002 06:54
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      andrzej

Paul asks:

> Why is using different transport endpoint (HTTP URLs, SMTP addresses) for
> different versions of ebXML MSH (that are not compatible with each other)
> "a short term workaround"? I see it as a good technique that we may want
> to standardize.

Primarily because it only works for incoming messages...and doesn't help
you
figure out how to encode outgoing messages.  If you have to use the
embedded version attributes to do outgoing messages, it would make more
sense to be consistent and do that on the incoming stuff too (ie. not use
different techniques).

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com