Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] gorilla hair vs. beach balls

Jean-Jacques,

    most of the  "things" that ebXML deals with are  there  more or less
independently on the fact that  Internet is used, imho.
It is a matter of fact when "money" is involved in the exchanges.

One of the nice things that  I like in ebXML, is its ability to deal
with all the "business related aspects" in a consistent framework.

When I buy some bread from my baker, I buy according to an agreed upon
sequence of (trans)actions; this sequence, together with the fact that
we use some currency, that he may or may not accept a credit-card, that
I cannot exit the shop without paying...or that he cannot pretend I did
not give him money... are all part of an agreement which is there (even
if implicit in the use).
When I do business over the internet, I would do the same by means of
using electronically-enforceable artifacts.

/stefano

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:

>This should not be expressed in only in terms of benefit, but also "what
>do you need to carry out business transactions" over the internet. Some
>people may already have passed the decision point about using the
>internet for doing business (benefits), however there is a lot of
>confusion on how.
>
>One could argue that that a good old fax machine and a state of the art
>OCR, which can read the XML content faxed back and forth, is far from
>enough. Your CPP is your fax number. All you want is there: robust
>security, non-repudiation, guaranteed delivery, ... why spend more?
>
>There are several also forms of B2B, it would be good to sort benefits
>and requirements based on what is it you want to do. Zoe's Pizza does
>not have the same need as GM, though GM might buy some Pizza's from Zoë.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jean-Jacques

Stefano Pogliani
Senior Integration Architect