Subject: [ebxml-dev] Re: Trolls on the list (was: Addendum to Automatingexecution of Biz Processes]

Mike:

> I had asked that this particular discussion thread be allowed to die, but
> since Andrez is asking for a direct response here I will offer a few
> brief, additional words, in-line.

I see....you start a discussion making unfounded statements and then ask for it
to die when faced with reasoned debate which contradicts your opinion?

I have a word for people like you.  Trolls.

> It most certainly wasn't a tacit admission of defeat in the face of
> superior debate.  It was simply my assessment that very little that either
> of us is going to write is going to change anyone's opinion.

Another opinion on which we differ.  I believe (from some of the more
considered responses) that forums like this can and do change peoples
opinions in many ways.  Not necessarily directly on the list either.  I already
know of some situations where my written comments are being spread more
widely.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that they will be seen at some
point by software vendors looking for a new opportunity.....or business
managers which will get a better impression and understanding of ebXML.  All
of which will further the cause.

> I have spent
> way too much unpaid time on ebXML already, and don't particularly care to
> spend additional time in such a fruitless exercise.

Then I suggest you unsubscribe from this list and stop being a troll.

> In addition, when I
> have extended comments to make I prefer to post them on my web site, and
> not clutter up what is intended to be a list to discuss implementation and
> development issues.

The current discussion is exactly about implementation and development
issues that will be crucial to the success of ebXML with SMEs.  The issues are
strategic in nature rather than detailed coding/specs/etc, which in my mind
makes them even more important.

> If you want to take my refusal to debate any further as victory for your
> arguments, go ahead.  It doesn't mean you're right, though.  All it means
> is that we have different opinions.  Only time will tell which one of us
> right (if either).

As the old adage goes, opinions are like assholes...everybody has one.  Some
of us try to back up our opinions with reasoned arguments and are also open
to discussion which might lead to us changing our minds.

> Thank you, but I'll leave it on the floor.

That is no surprise.

If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll and posts like a troll...then guess what?
It's probably a troll.  ;-)

You are correct that this current thread (the one about your lack of convictions
and willingness to fight for them) is inappropriate, and so I will not be posting
any further on the matter.  Last word is yours if you want it.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com