Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] re BPSS: how can IidentifyDocumentEnvelopefromreceivedmessage

Hima,

I really appreciate your response.

I had a look into BPSS 1.05 and found that the inconsistency regarding
to schemaElement has been fixed. Thanks!

> Not sure what you mean by this from your earlier email
> """""If it points to message schema (I'm not sure because there is
> specificationLocation attribute), I have to validate the received
> message against all possible schemas to identify DocumentEnvelope.
This
> sounds like a costly implementation. It would be lightweight if I
could
> use some short identifier I can get without parsing the payload.""'"".
> Can you explain this statement?

Okay I try again.

I wrote "I'm not sure because there is specificationLocation attribute",
because the difference of specificationID and specificationLocation is
not clearly stated in the spec. Now I know they are alternatives with
(mostly) the same semantics.

So, specificationID refers to an element in the schema definition "that
defines the type of this document." I'm not sure what this means. Does
it mean that the element pointed by specificationID should be a root
element of the document?

If specificationID specifies the root element a valid message should
have, then BSI will look into the message and parse it, pick the root
element and test against the specificationID to identify
DocumentEnvelope for the message. This requires slightly more work than
identifying DocumentEnvelope simply by an ebXML header value (if there
were appropriate one).

If isIntelligibleCheckRequired="true", BSI should validate the document
against the schema specified in BusinessDocument. This must be done
separately from the previous step ('parsing' above), since BSI cannot
tell the document type before parsing. So BSI would parse the document
again (with validation turned on) or keep the DOM tree to execute
validation step on it. Although there can be some optimizations, it will
complicates the process.

If BusinessDocument uses specificationLocation, then BSI has to use
validation to identify the document type. This is obviously inefficient.
You may say "You MUST use specificationID if you have multiple
DocumentEnvelope in the RespondingActivity."... this is not stated in
the spec.

With RNIF, you can identify document type from
BusinessActivityIdentifier in the Service Header without looking into
the business document. Then you can validate the business document with
specific schema.

When we developed PoC demonstration for phase I, assumptions are that
we'll have unique Action name for each document type. That means we can
identify document type from a value in the ebXML header and then
validate the document accordingly. I heard that Action are to name
BusinessTransaction (Is this true? -- I regret I couldn't follow the
recent discussion about semantics of Service and Action). Then my
assumption is no more valid.

(I hope I'm communicating well this time...)

Regards
Kenji

> cheers
> hima
>

> nagahashi@fla.fujitsu.com wrote:
>
> > Hima,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply!
> >
> > I did't know the specificationElement attribute of BusinessDocument .
..