Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] re BPSS: how can I identifyDocumentEnvelopefromreceivedmessage

Nagahashi-san,

If you look around line 2008 Section 8.1.4 for documentation
of BusinessDocument element from BPSS 1.05 schema
which was just released for public review.
specificationLocation of type xsd:anyURI
                            Reference to an external source of the schema

specificationID of type xsd:anyURI

Reference to an external source of the schema
definition. This defines the absolute path
including the element id within the schema
definition that defines the type of this document.
Use either specificationLocation or
specificationID.

I guess this has changed from earlier versions(1.01) bpss where
there used to be a specificationElement. Looks like the replacement
for that would be the specificationID which also identifies the
element within the schema definition. So if this attribute is present
then DocumentEnvelope referring to a BusinessDocument with
specificationID of "http://www.sybase.com/PO.xml#PurchaseOrder";
is identified when a message is received with a payload of
schema "PurchaseOrder".

Please send a comment against BPSS 1.05 regarding the
mismatch between the UML diagram and the schema with reference
to schemaElement attribute

Not sure what you mean by this from your earlier email
"""""If it points to message schema (I'm not sure because there is
specificationLocation attribute), I have to validate the received
message against all possible schemas to identify DocumentEnvelope. This
sounds like a costly implementation. It would be lightweight if I could
use some short identifier I can get without parsing the payload.""'"".
Can you explain this statement?

cheers
hima