Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML compliant JAXM Remote Provider

Martin:

JAXM describes the interface to the messaging functionality from an
programmers perspective.  JAXM was built originally for an XMLRPC
successor called SOAP but has also been modified to handle ebXML
messages too.  The ideology is that anyone who builds up a Sun One
runtime stack potects their IT investment in cases where they decide to
replace one vendors messaging software with another ones' messaging
software, since if they both use the same Java API,  they should be
largely interoperable.  This makes a lot of sense to most people.

Sun Microsystems has an ebXML MHS implementation that is currently going
through the Drummond Group Interoperability tests, along with 8 other
companies.  I would guess that Sun may fine tune JAXM as a post
testing procedure to ensure that it meets the needs of ebXML Messaging
software.  Our company is planning to implement a JAXM interface to our
ebXML MHS product.  This is on the product requirements list for our
next release which will also be post- DGI testing.

I would ask Farrukh @ sun for more details on any current
implementations.

Duane