Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] BizTalk & ebXML

Mark:

Although the iWay ebXML message handler service is agnostic to the
underlying transport protocol, it is genraly thought preferable to rely
on HTTP to avoid firewall issues.  SMTP would probably be a close second
choice.   BTW,  it was brought to my attention today by someone else
that the news release of the relationship between XML Global and iWay
regarding ebXML Messaging and Registry was available online:

http://www.stock-quotes.com/integrator/newsrelease.asp?news=25057&ticker=XMLG&lang=EN

The actual ebXML adapter that is marketed by Microsoft on the BizTalk
site is a full fledged message handler layer that can be deployed as a
Listener Class or spoken to via an API to assemble and send out ebXML v
2.0 compliant messages.  Another shock (for a Microsoft marketed
product), may be that it is written in Java so we have a complete Java
API doc set that ships with the product for people who want to embed the
ebXML message handler functionality within their own
products/solutions.  iWay has embedded this functionality in the latest
version of their enterprise integration software and is selling it as we
speak.  It is possible that one of the iWay guys cc'd above could give
numbers for any BizTalk implementations.

The ebXML adapter is substantially different than the project done for
the Canadian Government.  That project built a smaller subset of the
ebML MHS to specifically make calls to an ebXML v 2.0 registry that they
have implemented on a Sun Platform:

http://www.stock-quotes.com/integrator/newsrelease.asp?news=27187&ticker=XMLG&lang=EN

FYI - XMLG is currently involved with the DGI testing (along with 8-9
other vendors) slated to finish later this fall.

Duane

--
VP Strategic Relations,
Technologies Evangelist