Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML reg/rep centrailized or distributed?

Hi Zheng,

Here is how I suggest you go about your registry topology. Start with a
single centralized registry/repository compatible with ebXMl Registry
V2.1 specification. ebXML Registry specification does not describe an
interface to the repository that is separate from the registry. Thus
"Centralized registry and distributed repositories." is not specified
 and therefor only a vendor specific option. ebXMl Registry V2.1 does
not describe distributed registry topology. This feature is described by
the ebXMl Registry V3.0 specifications which are still under
development. A preliminary V3.0 spec will be available for public review
and early adopters sometime soon. Until then any implementation of
distributed ebXML registry will be vendor specific and non-standard.

So you start now with a centralized registry and in a few months as your
data grows and as V3.0 ebXMl Registries become available you move to a
distributed registry/repository topology by partitioning your data among
multiple registries forming a cooperative registry federation topology.

Make sure you ask your ebXML registry vendor what their stated plans are
for rolling out support for ebXMl Registry V3.0.

Good luck.

Farrukh